Day after Delhi University began its admission process for undergraduate programme, St. Stephen’s College has announced that the varsity will begin admission process on 21 May.
St Stephen’s College and Jesus and Mary College have their separate online admission procedure, as they are religious minority colleges.
However, candidates who wish to apply to these colleges will have to first register in the Delhi University admission online portal — which opened on Tuesday.
However, St Stephen’s College conducts a written test and an interview for candidates who clear the cut-offs. While, registration process for Jesus and Mary College began on Tuesday, along with 61 other colleges.
Last year, technical glitches in the online portal surfaced right from day one of the admission process. The website’s server went down and many aspirants failed to access the portal.
“We have opened all tabs and are ensuring zero technical glitches,” Officer on Special Duty (Admission) Ashutosh Bharadwaj said on Monday.
Delhi University Students Union (DUSU) will set up a help centre at DU’s North Campus to assist aspirants in the registration process.
Last month, the varsity had announced that it would add new features to its online form for 2018-19 admissions which included providing a single portal for applications for both merit-based and entrance-based entry into undergraduate courses.
The varsity will hold ‘Open Day’ sessions between May 21 and May 29 (except Sunday) at Conference Centre near Gate number 4 on North Campus. Open Days will have two sessions – 10 am to 11.30 am and 12 pm to 1.30 pm.
On these days, information about registration, admission process, schedule and other related information would be provided,” the statement said.
DU admission dates:
- Application procedure for Undergraduate programmes: May 15, 2018
- Last date to submit forms: Third week of June, 2018
- Application procedure for Post Graduate programmes: May 18, 2018
- Application procedurePost Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security and Law: May 18, 2018
- Application procedure M.Phil/Ph.D Programmes: May 20, 2018
- First cutoff list: Fourth week of June, 2018
- Commencement of classes: The classes may start from July-end
- For applying to the undergraduate programmes in Delhi University, a student should have passed the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (Class 12 or equivale) from a recognised central or state board.
- Applicants should have obtained the minimum marks required for admission in a particular course.
- The candidates should be an Indian citizen and above 18 years of age. The NRI, and students of foreign countries have to go through a different admission process.
- Gap year(s) won’t be any bar for the purpose of admission to the undergraduate programmes.
- The eligibility criteria are same for all the colleges under the central university barring St. Stephen’s College and Jesus & Mary College.
- Last year, the application fee for the general/ OBC candidate was Rs 150, Rs 75 for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates. The sports and ECA category candidates had to pay an application fee of Rs 100.
- Aspirants can access the list of all courses by Delhi University here