Besides confirming that the SP Concept-based SP2i SUV will be called the Seltos, Kia has confirmed that the SUV will also feature connected car tech. The statement from the carmaker regarding the same reads:
- Seltos will be the first compact SUV to feature in-car internet connectivity.
- Expect features similar to the Venue’s connected-car tech like remote ignition control to be on offer.
- Remote climate control should only be available with AT, like Venue.
- Seltos reveal is slated for 20 June 2019.
- Will be priced in the range of Rs 10 lakh to Rs 16 lakh.
“Seltos comes equipped with a range of connected technologies to maximize convenience, comfort and ease of use.”
Kia has not gone into the details of what features are going to be available on its Creta rival, but with the Hyundai Venue debuting in-car internet in India for the HMG (Hyundai Motor Group), we have a fair idea of what to expect from the Seltos.
Like Hyundai’s Blue Link, Kia’s UVO Connect system allows telematics services and remote operation of features like air conditioning. The car gets an eSIM for internet connectivity and that allows it to communicate with a smartphone via a dedicated application. Besides remote operation of some car systems like air conditioning, the tech also incorporates safety-related features like Live Car Tracking, stolen vehicle notification and crash notification.