Xiaomi has finally launched the Mi MIX successor Mi MIX 2 in India. Last week, the Chinese company rolled out official invitations for the same.
Earlier, right after the China launch of Mi MIX 2 last month, Xiaomi’s India MD & VP Global, Manu Kumar Jain, had also announced that the Mi MIX 2 will be released in India soon.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 features a 5.99-inch screen with 18:9 full-screen display for more viewing space and a better immersive experience. In comparison to the original Xiaomi Mi MIX, it sports 11.9 percent smaller body and is 2.5 percent thinner.
Inside, the Mi MIX 2 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. The handset sports 12MP primary rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor and a 5MP front facial recognition camera.
The bezel-less Mi MIX 2 boasts of a ceramic uni-body design. On the front, Xiaomi has put in a custom earpiece along with a hidden ultrasonic proximity sensor.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 full specifications
- 4G VoLTE dual-SIM, Android 7.1 Nougat with MIUI 9, Fingerprint sensor
- 5.99-inch full-HD+ (1080 x 2160 pixels) 18:9 edge-to-edge display
- 2.45GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC
- 6GB/ 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB/ 128GB/ 256GB storage options
- 12MP rear Sony camera, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video
- 5MP front-facing camera with 1080p video
- 3400mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 and USB Type-C
In India, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 will only available be in Black colour. It is priced at Rs. 35,999 for the 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. It will be available exclusively from Flipkart and mi.com starting October 17.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 will also be available from company’s exclusive Mi Home and offline retail stores starting November first week.