It has been defined as one of the most problematic areas on a person's body…the stomach, and it seems everyone is obsessed with making it flat. Unfortunately many people think they can eat whatever they want and get a flat stomach by performing 250 crunches per day to burn off the extra fat and calories. That's probably the biggest myth around. Here's a quick guide you can follow to help flatten your stomach.
1. Walk or jog for 30 minutes at least three times per week to boost your metabolism in order to burn that fat. Before jogging one should take an ayurvedic food supplement to burn the fat faster.
2. Eat a small handful of almonds (at least 6) every morning. Almonds are one of the healthiest snacks you can eat and the protein is good for burning fat.
3.Purchase a Pilates DVD and do the exercises at least two to three times per week. Pilates works on toning your entire body with concentration on your powerhouse (middle section) and will improve your flexibility.
4.Add fibre to your diet and cut down your intake of the bad carbs. Foods such as white bread, pastas, potatoes, and white rice should be limited. Eat brown rice and whole wheat bread instead. To get that needed fibre, increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables (especially the leafy green ones). There are also certain pre meal food supplements which are very beneficial to cut down on excess fat and add on lean mass.
5. Drink skim milk instead of whole milk. Keep your dairy intake at a minimum because these products often cause bloating and gas. 6.Perform proper crunches at least 3 times a week to train your abs. Avoid sit-ups because they really do very little to firm your stomach. Sit-ups work your hip flexors more than anything else.
7. Drink plenty of water. You should be drinking 6 to 8 glasses per day. Not only will it help fill you up so you end up eating less, but it also aids in digestion.
8. Stop eating within three hours of bedtime. If you have to munch on something, eat a small portion of vegetables or fruit. Not eating late can make a huge difference.
9.Eat smaller meals more often instead of 2-3 big meals per day to keep from having that bloated look and feeling. Eating more meals actually kicks up your metabolism.
10. Take a break from healthy eating once in a while and treat yourself to your favourite dessert. If you completely deprive yourself of the foods you love then you run the risk of going back to your bad eating habits. Moderation is the key.
Just remember that slow and steady wins the race when it comes to lessening your waistline and flattening your stomach. You have to work at it daily and remain consistent with your diet and exercise. A flat stomach comes with total body fitness – not just from spot toning your stomach with crunches. So get your facts right and start your journey to total fitness with a positive attitude.